AgriCorps is seeking an organized and experienced program manager to serve as the organization’s Chief of Party in Liberia. This individual will represent AgriCorps in Liberia and manage partnerships on a three-year randomized controlled trial (RCT) to measure the efficacy of school-based agricultural education on youth development and rural livelihoods. The Chief of Party will be the primary AgriCorps liaison to 4-H Liberia, USAID and other strategic partners.
AgriCorps creates an enabling environment and builds capacity for schools-based agricultural education systems in developing countries in order to reduce generational cycles of hunger and poverty. These systems transform local communities by diffusing agricultural innovations to farmers through in-school youth, as early adopters.
A. Co-Facilitate Field Officer Training Course
• Fifteen field officers will be trained on how to implement the school-based agricultural education model in 150 4-H Clubs across Liberia
B. Co-Facilitate Agriculture Teacher Trainings
• Four agriculture teacher trainings teaching 150 Liberian agriculture teachers in experiential teaching methods
• United States citizen
• 4+ years of experience in training/ facilitating
• 4-H, FFA of agricultural education experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong teaching or facilitation skills
• Experience living and working in a developing country – preferably West Africa
Location: Various countries in Liberia
Start Date & Time Commitment: January 1 – February 28, 2020
Compensation: $2,500 per month plus expenses.
Submit resume to Austin Peterson by October 25: email@example.com