The International Agricultural Education Fellowship Program (IAEFP) is a USDA funded program that provides opportunities for nine fellows to assist and support schools in Uganda to establish school-based agricultural education and youth extension programs. Participating schools receive classroom instruction, field demonstrations, entrepreneurship projects, and leadership development expertise provided by the fellows. IAEFP CRS (Catholic Relief Services) is currently recruiting for its class of 9 Fellows to serve in the 2021-2022 school year in Uganda for ~10 months.
CRS is looking for motivated individuals with an interest in international agriculture development and education. Fellows will be a class of premiere individuals who strive to be leaders, coupled with a passion for agriculture. It is important our Fellows know the task ahead of them is not an easy one, but the rewards, personal growth, and experience of this opportunity will play a major role in their lives’ future success.
- Desired fellow skills and expertise:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Education/ Agricultural Science, Agribusiness/Agriculture Economics, or training in any agriculture related field.
- Official transcript of undergraduate and/or graduate degree prior to fellowship departure (this is required for visa purposes)
- Understanding of the US agriculture education system, membership with National FFA, NAAE or National 4-H council is a plus
- Experience with or interest in international travel and working across diverse cultures
- Experience in student teaching, classroom instruction internships or teacher certification is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, youth training, and interpersonal skills
- US citizenship required
The application deadline is as soon as possible!
If you are interested in the fellowship opportunity, or know someone who may be interested, please read more information in the scope of work and apply by emailing email@example.com or learn more about this opportunity on the CRS IAEFP Webpage