AgriCorps Member, 4-H Ethiopia
Salary: Non-paid, volunteer position with all expenses covered.
Term: Three-six month assignment commencing around August 1, 2015.
Benefits: International Healthcare Insurance, Emergency Evacuation Insurance, all expenses covered, including a very small stipend to cover Meals and Incidentals.
Home Base: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- College Degree in Agriculture
- Agricultural Education, 4-H, or FFA background
- Experience living in a developing country
- Facilitation skills
- Strategic planning and organizational development skills
- Proficiency in Agricultural Education and/or Positive Youth Development (PYD)
- Understanding of 4-H and FFA models
- Conduct research (contextual analysis) to gain understanding of 4-H Ethiopia
- Facilitate Strategic Planning Session with stakeholders
- Assist 4-H Ethiopia in the creation of a Five Year Strategic Plan
- Improve the leadership development component of 4-H Ethiopia
- Conduct trainings on the experiential teaching and Positive Youth Development
- Create agriculture competitions that complement the current agriculture programs
Date: If interested, email your resume to Trent McKnight by June 15, 2015 with “AgriCorps 4-H Ethiopia” in the subject line.